There’s a book out, and depending on how long you’ve been reading this blog or following me on the social media, you’ve heard me plug it a few or a million times. Because I think it’s a game changer.
So I’m going to teach it.
And we had a grand time.
So I’m teaching it again, this time on Wednesdays at 6:30p, at Central Church. The class will run January 22 – March 5, and there is free amazing childcare for those of you who need it. (For your kids. Not for YOU. So let’s get that straight.)
Now that the details are out of the way, let me tell you about the book, and, subsequently, the class.
One Thousand Gifts is a book that entwines the author’s personal story, ripe with hardship, just like yours, with the study of the concept of thanksgiving in scripture. More specifically, we’ll see how Ann’s life was radically changed when 1) the accounts of Jesus giving thanks came to life for her, and 2) she took on a challenge from her friend to begin keeping a gratitude list.
I can feel your eyes rolling.
Lest they roll clean out of your head, let me beg you to give this concept the benefit of the doubt. Developing your gratitude muscle will enhance your spiritual life (which is your whole life, by the way). Your relationships with God, others, and yourself stand to get a whole lot better when you understand and practice biblical thanksgiving.
Who really needs to take this class?
– realists who are, let’s face it, pessimists
– people who feel unhappy the majority of the time
– people who feel like the biblical directive to “rejoice always” is impossible
– people who have trouble sensing God in their everyday lives
– people who honestly want to change
– people who have already read the book, experienced awesome life change, but time has passed and they’ve fallen back into their thankless ways (this is the category I fall into, people, so, no shame. Or shame on all of us… let’s go with no shame.)
– all people everywhere
Awesome! Do me a favor and sign up here so I can get a head count. If you don’t have the book and want one, I’ll sell you one in class. Bring the cash money or a check. If money is a problem but you’d still like to take the course, email me below. If you already have the book, DON’T START READING IT. Please and thank you. Any other questions? Email me below.
Look forward to seeing you in class!